The Karnali river is a perennial, torrential, turbulent and undisturbed river of the Himalayas, which is one of the three major rivers of Nepal. It originates from Manasarovar and Rakes lake and receives many snow fed rivers such as Mugu Karnali and Humla Karnali at Himalayan belt. The Karnali river is the longest river in Nepal, 507 Km in length, forms several gorges with its swift currents. The Karnali River Rafting is one of the finest big volume river trips in the world. The starting point is Syauli where the river drops into imposing canyons filled with powerful big volume white water.
Day 01: This is a long bus journey which start early in the morning from Kathmandu, so be prepared with water etc. We travel to the far west and arrive in Surkhet very late/early hours of the morning; you are able to have a sleep here.
Day 02: We will take transportation as far as the road goes until about lunch time. After lunch we walk all afternoon to the put-in point at Syauli.
Day 03: The river gives the team time to build and there is enough challenging rapids and water flow for learning errors. We still manage to get at least one great class 4 rapid in. We camp and get excited about tomorrow.
Day 04: This is a narrowing jungle clad gorge today you are going through.
Day 05: The same including the wicked god house rapid.
Day 06: You really are experiencing the best of the west on yet another day of great action and breath taking scenery.
Day 07: This is a holiday after all so we have programmed a rest day so you can take time to enjoy your environment and relax on a great sandy beach.
Day 08-09: We pass the confluence with the Seti River where the river broadens. Today, the next day and a half are a chance to enjoy your journey admiring the country and villages you pass.
Day 10: We come to the end of our journey at about lunchtime where our bus will be waiting to collect you.
Day 11: We arrive back at Kathmandu in the early morning of the eleventh day we arrive back at Kathmandu.
- Airport picks up & drops by private vehicle according your group.
- Standard accommodation at hotel in Kathmandu.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle according your trip.
- All your river rafting fees.
- All your standard meals during the trip.
- The required number of local staff during the trip.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Transportation from and to rafting point.
- All our government taxes.
Cost not included
- Your meals and drinks whilst in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance.
- Tips for staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.